Thyme itself is a common garden herb that is really easy to grow. It mainly grows in the Mediterranean, and can be found even in Asia and Southern Europe.
This herb can grow up to 20 centimeters tall, boasting seasonal flowers and small green or gray leaves. The leaves are used to make Thyme tea and have a lot of health benefits.
Most often, tea makers mix thyme with black tea to make a perfect blend. It results in a tea cup with bold earthy notes and herbaceous overtones.
Thyme has a lot of antioxidants which can contribute a lot to human health. Apart from antioxidants, thyme contains such vitamins and minerals as vitamin A and vitamin C, iron, copper, manganese, and fiber. Particularly, it can:
1. Protect your heart. Thyme contains potassium and manganese that are extremely significant for human heart. Potassium is a vasodilator, so it lowers blood pressure and relaxes the blood vessels. This way, potassium reduces stress on the cardiovascular system in general and prevents strokes, heart attacks, and other heart diseases.
2. Improves digestive system. It can reduce the production of excess gases and improve digestive system. Its volatile oils help relieve intestinal cramping. Besides, it is recommended by experts to people with indigestion and bloating.
3. Treats respiratory issues. Thyme is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent. It is often used to treat colds, bronchitis, asthma, congestion, flu, sore throat, and other diseases. It reduces inflammation to make breathing easier and prevents bacterial growth.
4. Promotes bone health. Thyme helps improve human bone health as it is high in iron, calcium, and manganese. These nutrients promote bone formation and lower the risk of bone disorders.
5. Calms the nervous system. It has favorable effects on the neurological system since thyme contains a component called carvacrol. It has a naturally relaxing and calming effect on your nervous system.
Sense Asia’s collection of the Vietnamese teas includes Black Thyme Tea with full-bodied taste and great aroma. We hermetically pack all of our teas with minimum delay after receiving from the farms in Vietnam. We use 100% natural ingredients and only whole leaves to maintain all the natural health benefits.
Follow us, purchase tea in our online shop, and learn more about tea and Vietnamese tea culture!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form